Thursday, February 11, 2010

Change: it's here ready or not!!!

Cris has recently been laid-off. WOW- how could this happen? It only happens to other people....not us?! How can one prepare for an event like this? How do you deal with it? Needless to say, it's been a little tense over here lately. Cris is applying to jobs left and right. I am applying to jobs here and there...it's hard to find one that will work with my school schedule. We're still kinda in a denial stage...we don't know what to do really.

I have just started my 4th semester of nursing school...1 more left!!! Yay! I am REALLY excited to have my OB rotation this semester. My birthing experience is what started my interest in being a nurse. There is always change in this aspect of my life. Every few months a new set of classes...new teachers...new classmates...new clinicals. I can not wait to be done and get my license and I can't wait to GET TO WORK!!! I really enjoy this nursing thing. I'm pretty sure it's what I was born to do...and I am sure this is what my Heavenly Father had in store for me.

Bailee is changing. Oh boy is she changing!! She is a HORRIFIC TWO...terrible just doesn't cut it. Ok really, in all honesty, it's only bad when it's bad...but she is really daggum cute too. For example, today: 5:30am Bailee woke up crying for milk. I quickly got her back to bed. After a few minutes of crying she was asleep again. Whew! 7:30am Bailee is screaming...not just whimering or whining...SCREAMING!!!! I run into her bedroom, her big toe is stuck in her jammie pants. How? Who knows?! I fix it and she is still really upset about the situation. I try to help her and she screams at me "NO MOMMY!!! GO AWAY!!!!" ok-see ya! I don't need to deal with this...I'm still tired! Well...10 minutes go by and she is still crying. I am frustrated...I go in and ask her "Bailee-what is the matter?" She doesn't say a word...all that is coming out of this childs mouth is screaming. She is still messing with her pants....ok I see that you are frustrated with these pants so I'll take them off of you. BAD MOVE! The screaming got worse...to the point she was gagging. Well, nothing I am doing or trying to do is helping her calm down. I left her in her bedroom to cry it out. Who wants to hear a 2 year old scream for half an hour?? NOT ME! 8am Curious George comes on TV...wow it's a miricle...she shuts up! She climbs on the couch with me and snuggles me. ahhh...finally! This is nice. Now she's the sweetest thing in the world. "Mommy, I have some milk please?" Why yes you may my love!!! "Mommy, I have some cerigal?" (It's the cutest thing in the world!!!) Why yes my love! You sure can! The rest of the morning she is precious! 12pm we are at her Grandma and Grandpa greats house for lunch. She is shy and timid at first...but then she starts playing with her cousins...Grandpa is asleep when we get there...but these girls decide they are going to scream and run around the house. You know the scream that little girls have? The kind that will break glass?? "SHHH!!! Bailee, grandpa great is sleeping and we don't need to wake him up. No more screaming, ok?" "ok"...good, we've got that taken care of. Just kidding...here she goes again! This time I ask her if she needs to go to time out for screaming...she of course replys no. "Well then Bailee, are you going to yell again?" I didn't get a reply...just a precious smile...a sneaky smile...the kind where she scrunches up her nose and eyes and shrugs up her shoulders...Grandma started laughing at this point. BUT she didn't scream anymore!

1 comment:

Nisha said...

The economy cloud settled over our house last week. You're not alone. Maybe we can move to the poor shelter together :)