Bailee had strep this last week. Poor baby was crying and sick through the night. It's been a while since she has been really sick (at least that's how it seems). It made me sad, but at the same time it felt nice to be needed again. Bailee has been so independent lately that I haven't gotten all the snuggles I'd like to have. After one day of anti-biotics she was playing and almost back to normal. She was still feverish and had rosie cheeks, but running and playing as she normally does. (However, I got a really nice nap out of her over the weekend!) After 2 days of antibiotics she wants to eat candy and soda pop, play barbies, put on make-up, and torment the dogs. That's my Bailee!
I've been a little emotional about her lately. She is so independent, so smart, so funny, and so so so beautiful! I admire her for who she is and who she will become. She is growing up way too fast, and I want her to need me forever. She doesn't need me most of the time, nor does she want any sort of help from me. She wants to do it all by herself. And I am trying to learn that it's ok. It's good that she is independent and making some of her own decisions. She doesn't need me to tell her what to wear or which shoes go on which foot...she just does it all on her own...if she puts the right shoe on the left foot she giggles a little and then fixes the problem. If she puts her jacket on upside down, she shows me how funny it is and then takes it off and tries again. I hope and pray that she continues these learning patterns into her teenage life and beyond. If there is a problem...don't just live with it or not even notice it...FIX IT! And if she can't fix it on her own, she has no problem coming to me or to Cris and asking for help. She's pretty much amazing. And I know I say this a lot, but I am very blessed to have Bailee as my daughter. She is my everything!
1 comment:
They do grow up SO SO fast!! I don't know where the time goes. I keep thinking if I hold my new baby all the time she won't grow as fast. So I was supposed to be induced on that Monday and was going to try to see you...and then she came early. I was glad she came early, but too bad we didn't get to catch up! Hope you're doing well!!
Post a Comment